Cross country flying in the Alps
4 to 11 June 2016 – Annecy
16 to 23 September – Greolieres and St Andre
You’re already a pretty good pilot keen to improve your XC flying.
This week-long course will cover everything you need to really boost your XC career.
- XC secrets – the 5 things that will change your XC flying
- Mountain weather
- Forecasting and site selection
- Route planning
- Instruments and other XC kit
- XC decision making
- Flight logging and analysis
- Thermal sources and triggers
- Speed to fly
- Inversion busting
We’ll spend as much time flying as the weather allows, with morning and evening lectures, weather and task briefings.
We have a low ratio of pilots to guides (3:1 or better) to make sure you have maximum input and can learn as much as possible from the week.
If you’re not sure if this is the course for you, contact us to have a chat about your experience and ambitions. As a general guide, this course is aimed at pilots with:
- at least 50 hours flying experience
- a good level of wing control, probably with SIV experience
- some experience of thermalling
Price – £795
- Airport transfers (from Geneva for Annecy and Nice for Greolieres)
- All transport to take-off, retrieves, take-off fees
- Bed and breakfast accommodation (based on two sharing)
- Guiding and coaching, including one to one coaching on the tandem if desired
Contact us to book on
- +44 (0)7775 644510